A Message from the Headteacher and Chair of Governors
Hello and welcome to our website!
We are very proud to be Head teacher and Chair of Governors at FELTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL and hope this website gives you an insight into our school and a taste of the exciting opportunities we provide for all our children.
Who are we?
Felton Church of England Primary School is a small, but recently growing, Primary School in rural Northumberland. Predominantly our children come from Felton and West Thirston and the surrounding villages. We are part of the Alnwick Partnership of Schools and are voluntarily controlled by the Diocese of Newcastle and Durham.
What is our School Vision?
‘An inspirational and nurturing Primary School where high aspirations and dedication to the development of the whole child secure the best possible academic and personal outcomes for all pupils’
What is our School Ethos?
Our Ethos and Christian Values, which underpin our shared school Vision, are distilled into a phrase of just 3 words:
'Loving, Learning, Living’
‘Loving, Learning, Living’ shapes a lens through which we can reflect on everything we do in school, helping us to remember our priorities and focus on who and what is important.
Loving God, ourselves, each other and being thankful and reverent about the world around us
Learning from all our experiences, good and bad, to gain the endurance, wisdom and humility to become our best selves
Living together in peace, friendship, trust and forgiveness, with the belief and compassion to enable everyone in our school to flourish and thrive
What does our vision and ethos mean for our children?
The Head Teacher, Staff and Governors, in partnership with parents and the wider community, will ensure that our children will be well prepared to live happily together as successful members of an increasingly complicated and diverse world community
During their time with us children will be given every opportunity to:
- Develop respect and value for themselves, each other and the world we live in
- Understand, experience and adopt Christian values for themselves
- Explore, experiment, discover and challenge themselves to develop imagination, creativity, inventiveness, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Be exposed to a rich vibrant and relevant curriculum and learning environment, both in the classroom and outdoors
- Develop as effective learners with a thirst for learning
- Celebrate their own and others’ achievements and understand how to take the next steps in their own learning
- Gain the deep understanding and the breadth of knowledge and skills they need to achieve the best possible outcomes both socially and academically
- Appreciate the importance of a healthy lifestyle
- Be ready for the successful transition to the next stage of their education and future lives
- Develop as rounded individuals who will be happy and productive British citizens of the 21st Century
We welcome visits to our school, so if you would like to call in and see for yourself some of the fantastic things that are happening, please arrange an appointment by calling 01670 787315
Suzanne Connolly and Rachel Murphy
Head teacher Chair of Governors